It may be difficult to differentiate the occasional use of a drug from addiction to the substance. Normally, it can be considered that when a person is addicted the following behaviors can be observed:
- Consumption in totally inappropriate situations, for example at work or before driving, and the inability to control the amount consumed.
- Moods are highly unpredictable and is irritated when care is shown for him or her, especially if asked about consumption and frequency.
- Does things alone, with new people or in secret, avoiding friends and family.
- Base your life on how to get the substance and shows disregard for other aspects that interested him before.
- He is unable to justify loss of money or other valuables and even engage in criminal activities.
- In the absence of the desired substance, consume other substances to find a similar effect.